Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. Auctions are conducted under the laws of the State of Maryland.
2. A buyer’s premium of 25% will be added to the final hammer price of each lot purchased directly through Fairhill Auction, on www.fairhillauction.com and www.bidspirit.com. A surcharge of 5% will be added for all bids place through all third-party bidding platforms, such as, but not limited to, Invaluable.com, Liveauctioneers.com, auctionzip.com, etc. These proxy bidding portals charge a 5% fee for using their services.
3. Payments made by cash, check, money orders, or DOMESTIC bank transfers, are eligible for a 2% discount on the buyer’s premium only. No discounts apply for payments made through PayPal, payments by credit cards or international bank transfers.
4. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid for any reason, at any time, before or during the auction. In cases of clerking errors, third-party bidding platform errors, miscommunication, or other errors beyond the direct control of the auctioneer, the auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw the lot after the hammer has fallen. The auctioneer is the ultimate authority on the determination of the final hammer price. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot for any reason at any time.
5. In the event of duplicate high bids, the earliest bid received will be the winner as determined by the bidding records.
6. Some lots may carry a reserve beneath which the lot will not be sold. Any reserve will always be at or below the low estimate. Reserves and maximum bids will not be disclosed under any circumstance.
7. All lots are sold as-is, where-is, unless marked otherwise in the description.
8. All items are in very good condition unless stated otherwise. Items housed in frames have not been examined outside of the frame. Lots which bear defects or damage not visible because of framing or matting are not subject to return because of hidden damage.
9. The auctioneer will not be responsible for nor refund shipping costs, after auction appraisal fees, third-party authentication fees, testing or any other post-auction costs and expenses. Under no circumstances will the auctioneer be responsible for lost profits or other financial damages.
10. Any lot containing five or more items is not subject to return for any reason.
11.Bidders are advised that we are not selling frames or framing glass, and therefore the condition of the frame or the glass shall not be considered reason for return. We do not issue refunds or credits for broken frames or broken glass. Shipping costs for framed items may vary greatly depending on the size and/or weight of the frame, and at times these charges may be quite substantial. Customers may request us to remove autographs, artwork, etc. from its frame to reduce shipping charges. We will accommodate customers in that respect for an additional charge of $10.00 per framed item, but such service will be undertaken at our sole discretion. Fairhill Auction will exercise care in removing items from frames, but this is done ENTIRELY at the risk of the buyer and the buyer fully indemnifies Fairhill Auction for any and all damage that may occur as a result of any attempt by us to remove the item from a frame, mat, glass, etc.
12. All items are packaged and shipped in-house as a service to our customers. We will apply charges for shipping, handling and packing material at cost and those charges are already listed on your invoice. We are not a shipping warehouse, careful packing and shipping requires time and may take up to 14 days after receipt of payment. You may contact us if you have specific requirements. Bidders may also arrange pick-up in person by appointment only after the auction.
13. Illustrations of lots may have size, color, brightness and contrast modifications for display purposes only. We do not guarantee color correctness for any lots displayed online matching the sold items due to variances in external device color calibration.
14. Estimated selling prices are for guidance only. Actual selling prices may be higher or lower than the estimate indicated.
15. The placing of a bid legally binds the bidder to purchase the lot at or below the bid placed, plus the buyer’s premium (see paragraph 2). Bids may not be retracted without our approval. Fraudulent bidders will be reported to our auction partners and blocked from future participation in online auctions.
16. Please think before you bid! You are legally bound once you do so.
17. Absentee Bidding: All bidding is undertaken in a competitive manner. The winning bid will always be one bidding increment over the second highest bid.
18. Live bidding: Bids entered during the course of the sale by bidders on the floor, on the phone, or live on the internet will be taken at the amount bid.
19. The minimum acceptable bid for any lot is one-half of the low estimate given in the item description.
20. Bidders may call us at 443-222-8240 during office hours, Monday through Friday, from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. EST email us at [email protected]
20. Payment is expected immediately upon receipt of invoice. We accept cash, business and personal checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, bank transfers, all major credit cards and Paypal. All accounts are payable to Fairhill Auction. Payment must be made in U.S. funds. Wire transfer details are available upon request. Please note that lots purchased are subject to sales taxes where applicable unless a resale number is filed with us prior to the auction. Invoices not paid within thirty days of the date of invoice will incur a 1.5% per month late payment fee.
21. Shipping to certain countries is extremely expensive and will be invoiced according to dimensional weight as required. Please inquire before bidding!
22. Property purchased and paid for by successful bidders but remaining unclaimed after 90 days will be deemed abandoned and title will be ceded to Fairhill Auction LLC.
23. The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the preceding terms and conditions. Please note that by registering with Fairhill Auction and/or submitting a bid in this auction you agree to all the Terms and Conditions of Sale herein and on any participating website.