Historical Militaria & Autographs
Original German gas bottle that contained toxic gas to be used in chemical warfare during 1917. This green glass bottle, 7.5 x 1.75 inches, contained a fluid with a color varying from eggwhite to brown/yellow and a smell similar to shoe polish, it was known to the Germans under the code name ‘Clark’ which stood for DA-gas, Diphenylchlorarsine, a Vomiting agent. The product was meant specifically to penetrate through safety measures such as gas masks, treated cloths and even the anti-gas ointment. It was only loaded into projectiles of the 7.7cm model 1896 and the model 1915. These could be identified by a blue cross on the body. It was loaded into projectiles and when the shell exploded the glass was shattering and the fluid vaporized. Recovered in Belgium.