Two saved name plates from German WWI soldiers who perished and were buried in France. Following the Agreement on the Protection of War Graves, signed between Germany and France after the Second World War on 19th July 1966, military cemeteries were restored and have been maintained and looked after by the German War Graves Commission ever since. Wooden crosses were replaced with crosses made of stone or metal, buildings at the sites were rebuilt, and the gardens landscaped. The two saved name plates here marked the graves of HERMANN KUSTER, Musketeer, deceased June 19, 1915, identifier # 1202, buried at Wicres ‘Route de la Bassee’; and PAUL KLUTHE Reservist, deceased January 24, 1916, identifier # 656, buried at Salome. Both plates are made of plastic, 10 mm x 53 mm.
The German War Graves Commission provides extensive resources online.